I’ve been in the mood for soup lately. It must be the cold weather :)! I figured out how to make this soup healthy and balanced.
- 1 1/2 lb of chicken tenders or breast
- 1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can of enchilada sauce
- 1/2 a can of a (4 oz) can of chopped green chile peppers (you can use the whole can if you like it really spicy).
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of chicken broth
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Put everything in your slow cooker and set it on low for 8 hours.
- About half way through, shred the chicken and put it back in or you can wait until the end.
- Serve with tortilla chips and cilantro.
I love recipes like this. It’s really easy and really good. I use the blue tortilla chips or the yellow sprouted tortillas (they aren’t considered a starch). I follow The Body Ecology Diet which teaches that starch doesn’t digest well with protein.
This recipe is spicy but you can make it spicier by adding the whole can of green chiles. I felt it had the right amount of heat but I know everyone’s taste buds are different. One of my 7 year old’s really liked it which is a huge plus in my book.