Here’s a really yummy and easy side dish. It’s a great way for me to get the kids to eat their veggies 🙂
|Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Asparagus||
- One asparagus bunch
- 1 package of bacon
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper if needed
- -Pre heat oven to 400
- -Wrap a few asparagus to a slice of bacon. If your asparagus are large you can use one piece of bacon to one asparagus.
- -Lay wrapped asparagus on a cookie sheet with edges and place a raised rack in it so it’s not absorbed by bacon grease or use a slotted broiler pan.
- -Drizzle asparagus with olive oil
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes or until asparagus are tender.
- **You can also do this on the grill for 10 – 15 minutes.
This time that I made it, I pre-cooked the bacon so that the asparagus didn’t get overcooked. I don’t like that method because it was hard to get the bacon crispy and we like it crispy!
This ends up with a lot of flavor because of the bacon. It’s really good and the kids love it too!