Here’s a really yummy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe Recipe. I found it on the Taste of Home website and really enjoyed it.
|Recipe: Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes||
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- -In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- -Stir in the chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until flavors are combined. Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture onto each bun.
This recipe came out very tasty. I love the idea of using celery instead of bell peppers. The only thing I may add next time is onion. If your not a relish fan you may want to skip putting it in or reduce what they call for. The relish taste and smell was stronger then I thought but it was okay for me because I like relish!