I’m so excited to share with you an amazing Facebook game called “A Better World“. This unique online social community emphasizes positive values and uplifting activities!
Finally there’s a game that promotes doing good in the real world and virtual world. It encourages you to show compassion to others and reflect on things your thankful for too. It’s a huge blessing to find things that keep you encouraged, the world can really get you down. The activities in this game are designed to help everyone participating feel better about themselves, be supportive of others and make positive choices in their everyday lives.
In the section of the game called the Sanctuary of Hope (pictured above), players are greeted by an angel character who asks them to spend a moment thinking about their wishes and prayers for a better world. In the safe environment of the game, players can post their reflections, as well as hopes and dreams for themselves or others. They can also read other entries and light candles to show support for other members of the community.
I love how this game offers the traditional activities of virtual worlds. You have the opportunity to choose a character and shop for articles of clothing to wear. You’ll receive points from positive activities in the game which allow you to purchase furniture and fun decorations for your character’s home.
The game offers more than 15 interesting locations for community members to explore including:
- “Gratitude Grotto” encourages players to reveal what they are thankful for and express their support for messages left by others
- A trip to “Positive Post” lets you send personal messages, positive thoughts or encouraging words to others in the community
- “Heart Cart” lets anyone send love to friends or other players
- ” Department of Do Good” is a place you can share real world good deeds you’ve performed and see what other members of the community have done
- In the Arcade, players can also play mini games with uplifting themes to help earn points within the game.
A Better World was created by ToonUps, a digital entertainment company that has focused on developing digital content that encourages a positive outlook and altruistic behavior for more than a decade.
ToonUps hopes A Better World’s original approach could usher in a new genre of “do good gaming.” Research shows that being encouraged to think about things they are thankful for and doing activities that provide encouragement to others improves their mental, emotional and spiritual well being.
Disclosure: I was given the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions on A Better World. I received a $50 gift card as a thank you for my participation. All thoughts and opinions are my own.